Rather than spout numbers and figures off here, I’m going to just give a brief glimpse of how my first “Weekly Review” went.
I accidentally discovered that Google Notebook has a “Sections” feature when writing in a notebook. Wow! Holy cow! This opens up a whole different scheme for organizing the “stuff” in my lists.
Instead of just tons of notes floating around in their categories, now I can create a section for each project, and have the next actions listed under each. This is a completely new dynamic, and something I’m going to have to adapt my current notes to over the next couple of days.
This has allowed me to consolidate similar projects, and realise that some projects were just actions under a single project section. (For example, I had listed each book review I needed to blog about as a separate project. I see now that the project is ‘blog articles’, and each review is just an action step in that project.)
So, the numbers will be a little messed up for a little while, while I get things in order.
I have also decided to move some of the projects to the ‘back burner’ and into the “someday / maybe” notebook for safe keeping. It’s much easier for me to look at things that are probably going to be accomplished in the next week, than all of the things I need to accomplish over months/years.
Anyway, it was a successful review, I came up with tons of new ideas, and actions for the projects I already have listed. Overall, it was a great thing, and I’m looking forward to getting some more stuff done.
For now, I’m going to take a break and play a little Minerva: Metastasis (review after I’ve completed it…which reminds me to review Half-Life 2: Episode 1 & 2…to the Notebook!)