I can’t believe that I’ve made it this far. 100 posts, WOW. I haven’t stuck to something like this before, and I’m really excited that I’m still here taking things on.
Though, we’ve been through a domain change, several starts and stops, we’ve chugged along at a decent pace.
The first article was posted on 04/23/2008. It’s been 171 days since then, which means there was an average of 0.58 posts per day. Now this is far below what I am hoping for the future, but it sure is a start. I’d like to take a few moments and write about a few posts that marked points in the blog’s life.
- I wrote my first ever book review on 05/07/2008 about A Confederacy of Dunces.
- I purchased Getting Things Done on 06/20/2008, and finished it on 10/01/2008.
- I reviewed my first video game, Minerva: Metastasis on 07/18/2008.
- My first really interesting philosophical post was made on 08/05/2008 about Interface Design.
- I decided to scale back my web presence on 09/08/2008, and still follow that today.
- My son turned two years old on 09/12/2008.
- I started the 60 Days, 60(+) Posts initiative on 09/15/2008 and have posted 41 posts in the 26 days since.
- I took a paid internship with a local independent news source, The Appalachian Independent on 09/16/2008.
- I wrestled with Linux, returned to Windows, only to return again to Linux.
- The blog switched domains and layout on 09/26/2008, leaving Stroz.net to be made into a portfolio site.
In this time, I’ve been through a job, struggled to find another one, and ended up going to back to college to get that degree that I’ve been chasing for a long time. This has been a hard decision, and it has contained a lot of work, but it’s been a wonderful ride so far, and I hope to see things increase in funness into the future. With the changes to scheduled posts, and all the other stuff going on, I expect this next 100 posts will be the best yet.