It’s Friday night, and I thought I would do a quick review of this week’s Worthless Genius articles, as well as some other things that piqued my interest. Sit back and prepare for a link fest…that sounds dirty.
Worthless Genius Posts
Only two posts this week? I better bring on my A game next week. I guess the whole Spring Break thing messed with my head. These two posts are genuine examples of quality over quantity, though.
- 100% Google AdSense: Tools, Tips and Resources – A great roundup of all kinds of resources for optimizing and monitoring your Google AdSense account. I’ve spent about 3 hours today alone reading this and tweaking my layout here. I plan on getting to the rest of the article at a later time.
- Sci-Fi to become SyFy. WHUT. – This is just absolutely asinine. My first thought when discussing this with my wife was that “SyFy” sounded like syphilis. Apparently I wasn’t far off.
- NIN | JA – Trent Reznor Announces New Free EP – Like I have said before, NIN gets it.
- GNOME 2.26 Released! – The day for Ubuntu 9.04 is fast approaching!
- Scenes from the recession (PICS) – Simply frightening look at the state of the world’s economy.
- Engadget – Live from Apple’s iPhone OS 3.0 preview event – The event itself was a bit underwhelming, still waiting for a compelling reason to buy an iPhone.
- Linux.com to utilize the social web to benefit Linux geeks – Very awesome news. I can’t wait to get started on all of the Linuxy goodness!
- NewDoom.com & The Mindless Games Network Shutting Down? – Phoebus, who has been running NewDoom and the Mindless Games Network for 13 years is deciding to retire from his job. He is looking for a dedicated, passionate person to hand off the responsibilities to in June of this year.
Me, Published Elsewhere
- New Functionality And The Future of The Appalachian Independent – My first published article on AppIndie.org is an announcement of the culmination of the last month or so of work toward some new technological goals. We now have comments and a Twitter account that you can follow: @appindie. I also outline the next few steps in the future of The Appalachian Independent.
Well, there you go, a whole week summed up in less than 400 words. I’m sure I did lots of other stuff, but I didn’t actually prepare for this post, so I had to backtrack through what I could remember.
I look forward to doing another post similar to this next week, and this time I promise to be more prepared. Have a nice weekend!