It’s been 50 days since I started my 60 Days, 60(+) Posts initiative, and I’d like to report that it has been a success. I came in 10 days early for my 60th post. While I’m not stopping here, I thought it would be a good time to do a roundup of those posts that I’ve found most interesting in the past 60.
- Entertainment: TV Shows – True Blood
- iTunes 7 on Linux
- Resources for Web Developers and Designers
- Software Spotlight: GTDAgenda
Each of my posts has been viewed at least once, outside of my IP range, of course. I’ve been very happy with writing on this blog, and I’ve really worked through a lot of creative problems over the past 60 days.
I’d like to highlight a few of my favorite posts.
- Entertainment: Audio Books – Sherlock Holmes – I had so much fun listening to these audio books, and I was overjoyed to share my thoughts on the series.
- A Confederacy of Dunces [Book Review] – Another great review. I have to thank my wife for finding and buying this book for me.
- Project Visions: iGoverness – Part 1 – The iGoverness idea is one of my most developed high-level concept ideas. Though it hasn’t really gone anywhere, I had more fun posting my thoughts about the necessity for such a project over the span of 3 posts.
- Oh, Really? – I switched back to Windows for a short time. I did switch back to Ubuntu, and have since seen the error in my ways.
Also, I’d like to put out there the stats of the few pennies I get from advertising on the site. I have an ad in each post, and one on the sidebar. My hope is that it is unobtrusive, and hopefully is not obnoxious to my readers. If you think otherwise, let me know.
These are just the numbers since the switch from stroz.net to worthlessgenius.com.
- 3,307 ad views
- $0.13 earnings
Though I don’t write for the site in order to have a solid stream of revenue, it’s worth the full disclosure to show you what I’m getting paid for this content.
By my calculations, I’m about $150 in the hole for running this site, but it’s all good. I enjoy getting my ideas out there to the world, in the hopes that I can inspire someone to action, including myself.
So, it’s been a great 60 days, and the future holds some even brighter prospects for this and my other projects. See you in the future!